Book Campbell Biology, 12th Edition By Urry & Cain & Wasserman PDF
Author : Lisa A. Urry, Micheal L. Cain, Steven A. Wasserman, Peter V. Minorsky, Rebecca B. Orr, Neil A. Campbell
Series : Campbell Biology Series
Years : 2020
Pages : 1493
ISBN : 9780135988046
Language : English
Innovative pedagogy helps students bridge gaps and develop a conceptual framework
- Chapter Openers introduce each chapter and feature a question answered with a clear, simple image to help students visualize and remember concepts as they move through the chapter. Each opener includes a study tip and points students to interactive media and study tools in Mastering Biology.
- Reading Guide worksheets support students in actively reading their biology text. Students can download the worksheets from the study area in Mastering Biology or directly from their eText to guide their reading and ensure they are pulling out key pieces of information. Instructors can access the answers in the Instructor Resource area in Mastering Biology.
- Interactive Visual Activities give students an engaging way to interact with Campbell Biology’s powerful art program while deepening their understanding of biology. These are embedded in Pearson eText for seamless access.
- Science in the Classroom presents annotated journal articles from American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and makes reading and understanding primary literature easier for students. The articles include assessments in Mastering, allowing instructors to assign the journal articles.
Helps students make connections visually across biology
- Make Connections Figures from the textbook are now also in the Pearson eText and Mastering Biology. These two-page visual representations show the “big picture” relationships between content from different chapters.
- Additional Figure Walkthroughs that guide students to a deeper understanding of the ways in which figures represent biological structures, processes, and functions. One- to two-page visual spreads feature key figures with narrated explanations, figure markups, and embedded self-assessment questions that reinforce important points and incorporate higher-level Bloom’s questions. Visualizing questions appear in every chapter and ask students to create visuals themselves.
Build key scientific skills and help students apply what they learn
- UPDATED – Test bank questions have been analyzed and revised with student success in mind. Revisions account for how students read, analyze, and engage with the content, providing a rebuilt Campbell Biology assessment program.
Reach every student with Modified Mastering Biology
- Early Alerts in Mastering Biology help instructors know when students may be struggling in the course. This insight enables instructors to provide personalized communication and support at the moment students need it so they can stay—and succeed—in the course.
- Five Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules expand the number of modules designed to make use of teaching tools before, during, and after class, including new ideas for in-class activities. The modules incorporate the best that the text, Mastering Biology, and Learning Catalytics have to offer and can be accessed through the Instructor Resources area of Mastering Biology.
- Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience available within Mastering. It allows students to easily highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place—even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Pearson eText for Campbell Biology presents 500 carefully chosen and edited videos and animations that bring biology to life. Resources include End-of-Chapter Quizzes, Get Ready for This Chapter questions, New Figure Walkthroughs, and HHMI Biointeractive videos and animations.
- Figure Walkthroughs guide students through key figures with narrated explanations, figure markups, and questions that reinforce important points. Questions embedded in each Figure Walkthrough encourage students to be active participants in their learning.
- LabBench pre-lab materials provide the perfect combination of technique, content, and skill development to help your students move toward inquiry and understanding. These take students step-by-step through the concepts and techniques necessary to understand and conduct biological investigations, and ask them to make predictions, justify conclusions, evaluate data, apply mathematical techniques, and analyze the results of their investigation. Each section ends with formative assessment questions that test student comprehension and implement answer-specific feedback for each question.
- LabBench topics are: Cellular Respiration, Biotechnology—Bacterial Transformation, Biotechnology—Restriction Enzyme Analysis of DNA, Energy Dynamics, Cell Division—Mitosis and Meiosis, Transpiration Fruit Fly Behavior, Enzymes, Diffusion and Osmosis, Photosynthesis, Artificial Selection, Hardy-Weinberg Modeling, Blast and Phylogeny