303
1.4k shares, 303 points

Beyond Voyager 1 And 2 With Interstellar Probe Mission

This post Dedicated to the Interstellar Probe, a robotic space mission being studied by NASA aimed at studying the interstellar medium. But, before we talk about it, we will try to explain what the interstellar medium is.

The interstellar medium (often abbreviated as ISM, from the English InterStellar Medium) consists of a rather rarefied mixture of ions, atoms, molecules, dust grains, cosmic rays and magnetic fields; by mass 99% of the matter is made up of gases, the remaining 1% of dust.

Densities range from a few thousand to a few hundred million particles per cuhe interstellar medium gas consists of approximately 89% hydrogen and 9% heliumbic meter, with an average value in the Milky Way of one million particles per cubic meter (i.e. one particle per cubic centimeter). As a result of the Big Bang nucleosynthesis, t, with 2% heavier elements (termed “metals” in astronomical jargon) and trace compounds.

Do not forget to share your opinion with us to provide you with the best posts !

 

 


Like it? Share with your friends!

303
1.4k shares, 303 points

What's Your Reaction?

Dislike Dislike
2081
Dislike
love love
1486
love
omg omg
892
omg
scary scary
594
scary
wtf wtf
2676
wtf

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published.