James Webb Telescope May Detect Artificial Lights On Proxima b
- Proxima b is the nearest exoplanet to Earth at about 4.2 light years away
- The planet is likely tidally locked due to its close proximity to its red dwarf star
- This ‘tidal locking’ means one side of the world always faces the red dwarf star
- However, as the star is smaller than the Sun it is still within the habitable zone
- Astronomers say people on Proxima b may live on the dark side of the planet
- They would require bright lights or sunlight reflecting mirrors to illuminate them and the team predict this could be detectible by the James Webb telescope
Do not forget to share your opinion with us to provide you with the best posts !